Machine Shop Production Helper
Machine Shop Production Helper – Starting at $17 per hour DOE
Come be a part of a growing team that is committed to embracing technology, employee development and well-being. Our client is a leading manufacturer of components and assemblies for some of the nations top defense, semi-conductor, medical and commercial suppliers. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company with excellent benefits and a bright future. During training/onboarding the Production Helper will work day/first shift. After the completion of training/onboarding the schedule for this role will be either weekend/weekday nights (3d shift). This is an exceptional opportunity to grow your skills and become a Machine Operator and eventually a Machinist.
The Production Helper empties chip bins, operating a forklift assists in the set up. Our client uses a Cloud Based on The Clock Training for all employees, to increase employee skills and knowledge. The team is results driven, with an emphasis on building collaboration, trust, and rapport with coworkers. Bring your minimum 3 years’ experience to this exciting opportunity.
- Correctly use precision measuring tools
- Correctly load and unload parts on CNC Mill
- Emptying chip bins, operating forklift
- Assist machinists on a CNC Horizontal Machining Cell
- Other duties as assigned
- Starting pay at $17per hour, depending on experience
Schedule: Either weekday nights or weekend nights, third shift. Please note training will take place during the day shift
- Desire to learn and grow
- Minimum 1 year experience in a shop setting
- Willing to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent work ethic and dependability
- Able to work overtime as required
- Capacity to adapt to ever changing production environment.
- High school diploma or GED
- Work performed in factory settings
- Exposure to manufacturing environment such as noise, dust and outdoors
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and negotiate a flight of stairs and move about facilities
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that serves Tigard and its surrounding areas. We offer many great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire Staffing Associates! Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions qualify for, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. (Not to mention our Titan Rewards program!) If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now!
Atlas Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.