- Creates instructions for machinists
- Reviews 3D CAD design blueprints and CAD models
- Makes calculations for start to finish process of parts including material type and cut dimensions
- Translates instructions into a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) program
- Communicates with set-up and production machinists who will use the programs
- Checks completed programs by running simulations using CG Tech Vericut
- Prepares geometric layout of designs using MasterCam.
- Designs fixture components and makes blueprints using Solidworks
- Determines sequence of operations in a program
- Chooses cutting tools that will be needed
- Analyzes job order and performs necessary calculations
- Writes programs and modifies existing ones for increased efficiency
- Analyzes and selects speeds and cutting tools for programs
- Generates set-up documentation per department standards
- Proven computer programming skills
- Excellent reading comprehension skills
- Good math skills with a focus on algebra and trigonometry
- Active listening skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Knowledge of metal shop work
- Ability to write and read complex spreadsheets
- Ability to read blueprints and knowledge of GD & T
- Knowledge of safety measures pertinent to each job assignment
- 4 axis experience
- Capable of handling a fast paced environment in addition to having a strong sense of urgency.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Attentive to detail, with a focus on accuracy and quality.
- Good with computers in a business environment.
- High school diploma
- Associates degree in CNC Programming, Machining, a computer related field or a mechanical field (preferred)
- Knowledge of machine tools
- 3 to 5 years’ experience
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that serves Tigard and its surrounding areas. We offer many great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire Staffing Associates! Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions qualify for, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. (Not to mention our Titan Rewards program!) If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now!
Atlas Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.