Press Brake Operator
Position Description: CNC Brake Press Operator
We are currently hiring a CNC Press Brake Operator for our Clackamas based client, a leader in the palletizer industry. Our client has created a supportive atmosphere where all team members work together to accomplish tasks and work in a positive environment.
Welder Fabricator is an important member of the team who will be responsible for making parts for industrial automation systems. Strong attention to detail and ability to own a project from start to finish are critical to achieving success in this role.
- Interpret information from drawings with strong attention to detail
- Set-up and operate CNC Press Brake
- Verify accuracy of machine settings to confirm accurate tolerances and machine functions
- Maintain all required tolerances and quality on all fabricated equipment
- Meet daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with the production schedule ensuring the required best working practices are maintained at all times
- Comply with health and safety regulations, the company handbook, quality standards, and all other company policies and procedures
- Work independently
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Identify and recommend improvement opportunities within the department and organization
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Communicate with management, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and resolve machining or quality issues.
- Complete all required documentation
- Utilize time tracking software to log and track time on jobs
- Additional tasks assigned by supervisor or manager
- 1 – 3 years CNC operating experience
- Knowledge of precision measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Able to read precision measuring equipment and pass a written test to confirm competency
- Basic math skills are required
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Must be motivated self-starter with the ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Detail oriented and committed to excellence
- Takes pride in their work and owns mistakes
Salary/ Pay: $20 per hour
Schedule: Monday thru Friday. Swing Shift
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that serves Tigard, Portland, and the surrounding areas. We offer many great benefits for our temp to hire Staffing Associates. Beyond paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions qualify for, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. (Not to mention our Titan Rewards program! If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now!
Atlas Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national orientation, disability or protected veteran status.
Drug free workplace