Position Description: Mechanical Assembler $20 per hour
We are currently hiring Mechanical Assemblers for our Clackamas based client, a leader in the palletizer industry. Our client has created a supportive atmosphere where all team members work together to accomplish tasks and work in a positive environment.
- Interpret assembly drawings, including electric and pneumatic schematics, to accurately build sub-assemblies in accordance with customer requirements
- Operate hand and power tools to complete assemblies in a high-quality fashion
- Safely operate forklifts to assist in assembly and delivery of components
- Neatly and accurately route and land low voltage wires point to point
- Drill and tap different thicknesses of material in preparation of assembly
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace, including tools
- Meet daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with the production schedule ensuring the required best working practices are always maintained
- Comply with health and safety regulations, the company handbook, quality standards, and all other company policies and procedures
- Work independently or as part of a team
- Identify and recommend improvement opportunities within the department and organization
Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Attention to detail and quality are critical
- High mechanical aptitude is a requirement
- Ability to read and follow work instructions
- Forklift driving and basic rigging experience are a plus, but not a requirement
- Ability to operate hand and power tools to include wrenches, plier, screwdrivers, drills and grinders
- Ability to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to alternate standing and/or sitting positions for extended periods
- Bend, stoop, lean, twist, squat occasionally
- Unrestricted and full range of upper and lower body movements and manual dexterity to move, lift, and grasp products
- Visual acuity to assure quality and accuracy. Communicate by speech and hearing continuously without difficulty
Salary/ Pay: $20.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday thru Friday. Day shift (6am to 2:30pm)
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that serves Tigard, Portland, and the surrounding areas. We offer many great benefits for our temp to hire Staffing Associates. Beyond paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions qualify for, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. (Not to mention our Titan Rewards program! If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now!
Atlas Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national orientation, disability or protected veteran status.
Drug free workplace