Job description: TIG Welder
Our client, an innovative manufacturer that supports the semiconductor, clean energy and life sciences has an immediate opening for a TIG Welder. This well-established client in SW Portland values employees and provides great opportunity. Bring your experience and technical training to this excellent swing shift opportunity.
**Please note that training will take place during first shift, and after onboarding will be moved to second shift**
Job Summary: TIG Welder
The TIG welder will be working in a clean room setting, carrying out various welding functions. This position will require you to dress in clean room attire with shoe covers, gowns, and nitrile gloves.
- Perform TIG welding on 304/316 stainless steel materials such as tube, pipe and fittings
- Measure and align work pieces using straightedges, clamps and calipers
- Oversee the set-up of TIG welding equipment
- Operate power and hand tools such as ARC welders, buffing machine and scrapers
- Maintain good working knowledge of the welding characteristics of metals such as stainless aluminum and titanium
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, schematics and codes
- Ensure welding operations meet set specifications and construction requirements
- Conduct radiographic and bend tests to verify the quality of weld
- Report defective materials or questionable condition to the department supervisor
- Contribute and adhere to safety and quality
- Ability to use a computer to log time to jobs
- Able to follow instructions written/spoken English
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, as well as lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
QUALIFICATIONS/PRIOR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Technical training; a precedent to welding certification
- Operate gas and non-gas welding device in carrying out welding duties
- Proficient in using various measurement tools to establish the configuration or position of a welding plan
- Assess metal structures to identify and initiate repair of damaged welds
- Entry level position with HS diploma or GED
Wage: $20.00 to $23.00 per hour DOE / with 10% shift differential
Shift: 2:30pm- 11:00pm
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that serves Tigard and its surrounding areas. We offer many great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire Staffing Associates! Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions qualify for, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. (Not to mention our Titan Rewards program!) If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now!
Atlas Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.