Material Handler – Swing Shift
Do you have machine maintenance experience in a warehouse setting? Are you familiar with the plastics industry or similar experience? Atlas Staffing is seeking a Swing Shift Material Handler for a thriving plastic manufacturing company in Wilsonville, OR. The ideal candidate will have the ability to lift, reach, and pull 55 lbs frequently and 100 lbs. occasionally, forklift experience, and basic knowledge of drying, blending, and mixing requirements preferred. If you meet the above requirements, please apply today
- Move materials from staging to needed location. Return unused materials to warehouse.
- Coordinate the use of regrind on the Production floor.
- Coordinate the use of dryers. Assure proper dryer temperature time for material.
- Track dryer problems and replace parts, as needed. Coordinate repairs with the Maintenance Department.
- Verify lot number, color, material number and quantity staged. Mix material, as needed.
- Keep machines full of material, per instructions/guidelines.
- Coordinate the use of grinders and regrind. Clean grinders as required.
- Assure all hoses are secure and all equipment is set up correctly.
- Clean dryer and all loading equipment, providing a Report all defective equipment to maintenance and/or misuse of equipment to Lead or supervisor immediately.
- Fill out dryer and grinder material identifying sheets, return material tags, filter chart log, Change to Master's, defect material reports and other paperwork completely and accurately.
- Assists in training. Train new Material Handlers, as assigned.
- Must be able to lift, reach, and pull 55 lbs frequently and 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to stand for long (at least 8) hours.
- Must have the ability to identify material by part numbers.
- Basic knowledge of material drying, blending and mixing requirements, preferred.
- Must be able to attain forklift, pallet jack, crane and other required certification.
Shift: Mon-Fri, 3:15pm-11:30pm
Medical, dental, and life insurance
Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
401k w/ profit sharing
Community garden where food is shared on-site
Earbud policy (allowed, as long as not operating forklifts, etc.)
Internal training and mentorship programs
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that serves Tigard and its surrounding areas. We offer many great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire Staffing Associates! Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions qualify for, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. (Not to mention our Titan Rewards program!) If you are looking for along-term career opportunity, then please apply now!
Atlas Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.