Entry Level Packaging Associate
Position Description: Entry Level Packaging Associate
Our client, a local company dedicated to providing high quality supplements is looking to a Package Technician to their team. This is a great team that is committed to providing the best products that make a difference with their customers.
This position is responsible for assuring high quality packaging operations are performed in an efficient manner to fulfill the needs of our clients’ customers.
- Operates in the best interest of client and promotes the company’s Values
- Promotes and conducts all activities in accordance with the company’s Mission Statement.
- Observes safety rules in area of responsibility.
- Effectively communicates with all employees.
- Builds cooperative working relationships.
- Strives for zero defects / error-free work.
- Completes paperwork and accurately documents the job in process.
- Packages product according to Packaging Master Instructions including shrink and metal detect as instructed.
- Maintains machinery for packaging.
- Works closely with QC & QA to produce a high-quality product.
- Reports anything to QC that could affect the quality of the product (dented caps, discoloration, odd smell…).
- Works in a clean room environment and follows protocol concerning these standards including cleaning workstation after each product or group of products and conducting weekly in-depth cleaning of rooms and work areas.
- Labels product adhering to standards set by company including printing of box labels.
- Remains flexible and willing to rotate to any position needed for the continuity of packaging process.
- Follows all SOP’s and Employee Handbook regulations.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. High school diploma or GED required, experience working in a Nutraceutical, Food or Drug Manufacturing, or laboratory environment is preferred. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Schedule: Monday thru Friday. Day shift 5:30am to 2:00pm
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that serves Tigard, Portland, and the surrounding areas. We offer many great benefits for our temp to hire Staffing Associates. Beyond paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions qualify for, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. (Not to mention our Titan Rewards program! If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now!
Atlas Staffing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national orientation, disability or protected veteran status.
Drug free workplace