Millworker Cut and Bandsaw
Millworker Cut and Band Saw $18 to $20 per hour DOE
We are currently hiring a cut and band saw millworker for our Sherwood client that specializes in the distribution of hardwood lumber. This position requires a high level of organization and attention to detail. Previous forklift and millworker is preferred, but not required. experience
- Panel Saw Operation
– Operate panel saw software
– Make blade changes
–Operate forklift skillfully (certified in-house)
–Operation of department dust collection system
–Understand product and paperwork fulfillment
–Knowledgeable with measuring devices (i.e. calipers/tape measures)
- Order/Material pulling
–Familiarity with forklift
–Comprehend SKU’s and locations
–Perform safety checks (information provided)
–Stage materials in a safe manner
- Saw/Bander off?bearer:
–Perform QC checks of product
–Work well with others
–Feed or off bear efficiently to protect integrity and safety of product and self
–Package material for shipment
- Edge band Operator
?-Operate forklift skillfully (certified in-house)
–Operate edge band software
–Practice machine preventative maintenance
–Ability to understand and conceptualize machine function and abilities
–Perform QC of products
– Knowledgeable with measuring devices (i.e. calipers/tape measures)
- Good housekeeping and work ethic
–Keep areas neat and organized
–Clean and return tools when done
–Clean and inspect machines before shift
–Be flexible (may work up 50 hours/week)
–Empty dump bins on occasion
–Have a good attitude
Always wear PPE and operate safely
- General Skills
–Use of hand tools (drills, wrenches etc.)
??Knowledge of forklift operation
??Knowledge of complete order process
??Stacks lumber and/or sheet goods according to standard unit width and proper sticker placement
??Practices the proper safety techniques required on the job
??Limited operation skills of Specialty machinery.
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 per hour DOE per hour for swing shift
SWING SHIFT: Monday thru Friday 3:30pm to midnight or 2am
Please note that training will take place Monday thru Friday from 7am to 3:30pm. Once training is complete this position will take place during swing shift.
- Fork lift
- Knowledge of all equipment, its use, and ability to operate it.
- Ability to use the telephone.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide; calculate linear, board, and square footage.
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, to write detailed correspondence, and to communicate information to customers and employees in English.
- Ability to learn and use software computer applications, to include Microsoft Office Suite and Activant.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hand and fingers; handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, climb, or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to stand.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Why Choose Atlas Staffing???
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that?offers?great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire?staffing?associates.?Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions?entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. (Not to mention our Titan Rewards program!) If you are looking for?a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.?
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.