Sandblaster – Swing Shift
Do you have great work history and are looking for the next step in your career? Do you have experience working in the metal/steel industry? Atlas Staffing is looking for a Sandblaster for a reputable client in Yakima, WA! The ideal candidate will be responsible for preparing parts using deburring, sand blaster and wheelabrator machines. This position is entry level but is physically demanding. If you are a team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic, we encourage you to apply!
- Inspect parts to ensure they comply with legal, organizational or client specifications.
- As a sandblaster, you will be preparing parts using deburring, sand blaster and wheelabrator machines.
- Utilize deburring tools to trim off extra elements, get rid of rough edges of metal parts.
- Grind specified parts.
- Using appropriate protective equipment sand blast parts as specified.
- Operate Wheelabrator machine and inspect parts to customer specifications.
- Perform finishing work on specified parts.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by supervisor and management.
Shift: Swing Shift
Pay: $16/ hour
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required.
- Some background working with metal preferred.
- Knowledge of tooling and tool maintenance preferred.
- Ability to distinguish material types including Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper and Brass.
- Candidate has to be a strong team player and reliable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Constant standing. (5-8 hrs/shift)
- Constant use of hands.
- Constant lifting 50 lbs. or more.
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.