CNC Machinists Setup Operator $22 -$33/hr
We’re a leader in manufacturing large material handling and specialized heavy lifting equipment, that offers innovative solutions to a variety of industries and Atlas Staffing is currently hiring a CNC Machinist to join this great company!
Salary: $22.00 to $33.00 per hour DOE
Schedule: Monday thru Friday 6:00am to 2:30pm
CNC Machinist Responsibilities:
The CNC Machinist sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (CNC) machines:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements. Redline setup sheets and work orders as required.
- Measures, marks, and scribes’ dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining. Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data. Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Make jigs and fixtures. Pick proper cutting tools for the operations. Perform simple edits on CNC programs.
- Load part programs and preset cutter data into the machine controller. Properly load tool holders into the machine tool magazine. Properly mount and secure parts onto the machine for various operations.
- Proveout the part program by stepping/single block and creeping the cutter approach to each cut while being alert for any deviations.
- Verify/correct feeds and speeds. Make corrections to the program. Save/upload each “proved/good” program to the server.
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.