Do you have automotive or tire experience? Do you enjoy working with your hands and working in a team environment? Atlas Staffing is seeking a Retread Technician for a local tire and oil shop in Boise, ID. This person inspects, classifies, buffs, repairs and conditions tires of retreading to meet specifications prior to delivery to customer by performing the following duties
- Inspects and retreads tires and casings
- Completes application of work methods, specifications and technical bulletins documentation on the post
- Uses radial tire conditions analysis guide for decision making
- Accepts and rejects casing based on age and number of times retreaded
- Uses the grazing light techniques to visually inspect casings for injuries, measure injures and mark injuries
- Inspects sidewall bulges, suspects hidden ruptures and fatigue damage, run flats, etc and classifies casings as acceptable for retreading, repair only or return as received
- Properly removes damaged rubber and steel cords
- Completes visual inspection of casings
Shift: Mon-Fri, 6:00am – 4:00pm with regular OT
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 180 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now!
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.