Welder – Swing Shift
Do you have experience with welding? Would you enjoy a hands on job in a manufacturing environment? Atlas Staffing is seeking a driven, hard working Welder to join a growing company that specializes in manufacturing construction equipment in Boise, Idaho.
- Lays out, fits, and welds metal components as specified by layout, welding diagram or work order to assemble structural forms by performing the following duties.
- Follows daily signal report for days work
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together in jigs or fixture. Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding
- Welds along flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead weld lines
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications; pressure tests welds to ensure air-tight retention of fluids
- Chips or grinds off excess weld, slag, or spatter
- Uses chop saw, hand plasma cutter, cutting torch and/or belt sander to fit parts
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts
- Repairs broken or cracked metal objects, fills holes, and builds up metal parts
- Changes out welding gas cylinders as required
- Operates hoist safely as needed
- Operates scissor lift safely as needed
- Performs other duties that may be assigned
Shift: Monday – Thursday 3:00pm – 1:30am
Wage: $20.50/hr+ DOE – Raises upon conversion and passing welding test!
- A.A. Degree or Welder Certificate from a technical college or trade school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to interpret prints and be knowledgeable of all welding symbols.
- Ability to read and understand tape measure and calipers.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form.
- Ability to operate hand tools & air powered tools.
- Ability to operate hoist
- Will be required to pass a Company Welder Certification test within 3 months of employment.
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.