Do you have experience in the sanitation industry? Do you have great communicational skills?
- Hoses down all plant equipment, floors, and walls using cold-water rinse.
- Applies chemicals for cleaning, degreasing and sanitizing using sprayers and hoses.
- Applies a hot water wash down of sterilization.
- Shovels and sweeps up waste from daily production of fruit products.
- Gather trash in carts and transports to trash compactor for disposal.
- Cleans drains and sewers in plant area by sweeping floors and transporting debris to trash area.
- Cover sensitive equipment for protection.
- Handles equipment and chemicals according to government, OSHA and company safety standards.
- Familiar with General Manufacturing Procedures.
- Performs other duties assign by management.
Role in Food Safety: Follow plant GMPs at all times and ensure work area is secure
This position requires the following physical demands up to 90% of the time.
- Ability to turn head to look right/left as well as up and down.
- Ability to twist body at waist.
- Ability to bend/squat/kneel.
- Ability to grasp bottles.
- Ability to reach with both arms.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours during a shift minus breaks and lunch.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- A high school diploma or GED required
- Previous sanitation experience preferred
- Ability to read/write in English.
- Good communication skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
- Personally invested in the success of the business.
- Motivated, focused and accountable for results