Recycling Pre-Processing Associate 1st shift
Recycling Pre-Processing Associate $18.00 Per Hour
Come join this leading recyclables company that is committed to finding ways of turning plastics into a renewables. Are you detail-oriented with a passion for manufacturing and production? Do you see yourself growing in a company that values your safety, professional development, and well-being? Atlas Staffing is seeking Recycling Pre-Processing Associate with a growing company in Tigard, OR.
Recycling Pre-Processing Associates are responsible for operation of feedstock (post-use Styrofoam and other plastics) processing plant equipment. Pre-processing Associates sort feedstock before loading it into the plant’s crusher and densifying and shredding machines. Associates are also responsible for unloading commercial deliveries of feedstock, operating machinery, performing basic maintenance procedures on equipment, and other duties as assigned.
- Support the shift lead by following instruction for floor operation and managing material flow.
- Support the shift lead by safely starting, stopping, monitoring, and performing basic maintenance on the plant pre-processing equipment as directed.
- Complete shift notes and weight recordings as directed by the shift lead. Communicate additional observations to assist with maximizing plant uptime and productivity.
- Notify the shift lead when issues with the system arise.
- Comply with all safety requirements. Complete all required trainings.
- Suggest and act on ideas for continuous improvement.
- Maintain housekeeping standards for a clean and safe environment.
- Assist in training new system operators as directed by management.
Salary: $18.00 per hour
All operators work a compressed shift schedule of Sunday through Tuesday and every other Wednesday or Thursday through Saturday and every other Wednesday. Day shifts are 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. with ten regular time hours and two overtime hours per day. For training purposes, night shift operators will only work on day shifts for the first two weeks. This structure is subject to change to accommodate various training schedules.
- Positions: All shifts are 4 x 12’s with 3 days off.
- Days 6:30am – 7:00pm
- The ability to effectively track and monitor multiple pieces of automated equipment operating concurrently.
- Experience operating forklift (preferred).
- Proven experience working effectively in a team environment.
- Good communication skills, including with the ability to interact with individuals from other departments and outside resources.
- The position includes some heavy lifting (10-40 lbs.).
- The ability to stand, bend, twist, and lift for 4+ hours at a time.
- The ability to repeatedly climb platform stairs and in and out of the backs of trucks.
- The ability to quickly sort and handle incoming feedstock (plastic post-consumer and post-industrial items).
- The ability to perform basic maintenance on system equipment.
- The ability to use tools, shovel, sweep, load & unload, and carry materials up to 40 lbs.
- The ability to speak, read, and write in English is required.
- Shift work is required; overtime work may be required.
Schedule: This position requires schedule flexibility. Working days will 12 hour shifts Tuesday thru Thursday with an additional working day on either Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday and may vary from week to week.
Why Choose Atlas Staffing???
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.