Delivery Driver /Shipping Assistant
Are you looking to further your career working in the metal manufacturing industry, putting your inventory control and supply chain experience to the test? Atlas Staffing is hiring an Delivery Driver/Shipping Specialist for full-time, temp-to-hire position with a great company!
Objective: In this position you will pack and prepare products for outbound customer deliveries. You will be matching these goods with the purchase orders, packing slips and part numbers, and load delivery truck. You'll deliver various customer orders where you'll interact directly with customers.
Delivery Driver/Shipping Specialist Responsibilities:
- Packing/ preparing product for shipment
- Stocking/pulling of inventory to support outbound delivers
- Loading delivery trucks
- Operating forklifts
- Prepare packing lists for shipments in software system
- Provide professional communication with customers at their site
- Keep vehicle clean and in good working order
- Drive in various road conditions safely
- Interact with various levels of management and customers
- Meet company and regulatory driving record requirements
- To be “safe” on the road and when in the warehouse
Delivery Driver/Shipping Specialist Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- CDL is desired but not required
- Ability to pass a DOT physical
- Ability to operate machinery, forklift, and hand tools
- Ability to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 50lbs frequently
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for 1-10 hours per day frequently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced industrial environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and responsive with a strong teamwork orientation
- Knowledge of computers
- Detail orientated
- Professional appearance
- Good work ethic
Shift: Monday – Friday: 6am to 2:30pm
Wage: $17-$19 hourly
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
“Nothing but the best from these guys great customer service great work opportunities.” – Nate K.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.