Quality Control Inspector
Atlas Staffing is hiring QC Inspectors with a reputable steel manufacturing company. This is a full time, temp to hire position with plenty of opportunity for advancement. If you are looking for a long-term career role, apply today!
We are looking for someone who is organized, has excellent time management skills, strong attention to detail, and has a desire to learn and grow with an organization.
QC Inspector Responsibilities:
- Perform fit-up/ dimensional inspections to verify compliance to shop drawings.
- Monitor welding operations for compliance with codes and company welding procedures.
- Perform 100% visual weld inspection for weld quality, size, and location.
- Monitor surface preparation and coating application. Perform paint inspections to verify quality and dry film thickness.
- Experience in QC in the steel fabrication industry.
- Accurately document all performed inspections.
- Communicate with shop supervision on any noncompliant items found.
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred).
- 5 years’ experience in structural steel fabrication.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read and interpret structural steel blueprints.
- Proficiency with basic hand tools and measuring equipment.
- QC experience is strongly preferred.
- Additional training will be provided in inspection techniques, non-destructive testing, and relevant codes and standards such as AISC and AWS.
Shifts: Monday – Thursday (4×10 work week!)
- 5:00am – 3:30pm
- 3:30pm – 2:00am
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.