Welding QC Inspector
Atlas Staffing is hiring Welding QC Inspectors with a reputable steel manufacturing company. This is a full time, temp to hire position with plenty of opportunity for advancement. If you are looking for a long-term career role, apply today!
Welding inspectors perform visual inspections on structural welded beams, trusses, and structures in progress and on completed jobs. Visual inspections search for defects in the weld, such as cracks and pits. The inspector uses magnification to find defects that may weaken the joint's strength. Inspectors measure welded products to ensure that they meet specifications for dimensions. The results of a stress test determine if the weld will hold up under stressful conditions. Inspectors also check the weld machine setup and the welding techniques of welders on work in progress to ensure the quality of the work. Welding inspectors record the results of tests and welding inspections.
QC Inspector Responsibilities:
- Perform fit-up/ dimensional inspections of welding on structural beams and trusses to verify compliance to shop drawings.
- Monitor welding operations for compliance with codes and company welding procedures.
- Perform 100% visual weld inspection for weld quality, size, and location.
- Monitor surface preparation and coating application. Perform paint inspections to verify quality and dry film thickness.
- Experience in Welding QC in the steel fabrication industry.
- Accurately document all performed inspections.
- Communicate with shop supervision on any noncompliant items found.
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred).
- 5 years’ experience in structural steel fabrication required.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to read and interpret structural steel blueprints.
- Proficiency with basic hand tools and measuring equipment.
- Welding QC experience is required
- Additional training will be provided in inspection techniques, non-destructive testing, and relevant codes and standards such as AISC and AWS.
Shifts: Monday – Thursday (4×10 work week!)
- 5:00am – 3:30pm
- 3:30pm – 2:00am
Wage: $23.00 – $27.00 DOE
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Preventative medical benefits for you and your family
- Employee assistance programs available
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Injury medical options available for you and your family
- Paid Sick Time in accordance with your state