Material Handler (Swing Shift)
Do you have experience with operating a forklift and using hand/power tools? Would you enjoy a hands on job in a manufacturing environment? Atlas Staffing is seeking a driven, hard working Material Handler to join a growing company that specializes in manufacturing construction equipment in Boise, Idaho.
- Loads, unloads, and moves materials within plant, yard, or work site by performing the following duties.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases or other containers
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together
- Operates forklift or hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products
- Empties cardboard bins into recycling container
- Performs other duties that may be assigned
Shift: Swing shift, Mon-Thur 3:00 pm – 1:30 am
Wage: starting at $19.50 / hour
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); no prior experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to operate forklift.
- Ability to operate hoist.
- Ability to use hand and/or air powered tools.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Employee may be exposed to various chemicals such as gas, diesel fuels, etc.
- Noise level in the environment is loud and hearing protection is required.
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.