We are hiring and we’re looking for your expertise and precision as a Welder to join our company!
Wage: $20.00 – $25.00/hr
Shift/Hours: Monday to Thursday (4×10 work week)
- 1st shift: 5:00am – 3:30pm
- 2nd shift: 3:30pm – 2:00am
- Set up the work area, select and verify the material for production, and meet the daily welding production and quality demands of the Weld Shop.
- Weld the following in different positions and on different gauges: stainless steel. Occasionally expected to weld other materials.
- Troubleshoot the welding equipment.
- Comply with health, safety, (including OSHA), and environmental procedures, and ensure the cleanliness of the area.
- Comply with established production philosophies designed to increase production, safety and/or quality; e.g., Lean Manufacturing, 5s and TWI methodologies.
- Continue to learn and expand one’s capacity within this job by increasing knowledge and skill base.
- Perform various other assignments per Department Lead’s direction.
- Other duties and related work may be assigned as necessary.
- Can speak and understand English with an emphasis on complying with: directions, fundamental shop safety procedures, and production standards.
- Able to read and understand cut sheets and engineering prints thoroughly.
- Knowledge of basic metallurgy and weld symbols
- Knowledge of basic sheet metal layout
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Math skills to include basic arithmetic and geometry
- Can accurately read a tape measure to 1/16″
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.