Fabricating Assistant (Swing Shift)
Do you have experience in fabrication? Are you self-motivated with a strong work ethic and enjoy a hands-on job? Atlas Staffing is searching for a for a Fabrication Assistant for a manufacturing company in Boise, Idaho.
Fabrication Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assists in the operation of fabricating machines such as brakes, rolls, shears, laser, and saw
- Hammers & chips metal work-pieces from metal sheets
- Grinds/sands metal work-pieces to remove imperfections
- Identify work-pieces, tag and load onto appropriate cart.
- Verifies conformance of work-piece to specifications
- Confers with department lead or supervisor to resolve fabrication problems
- Operates hoist safely
- Operate a forklift, certification required
- Performs other duties that may be assigned
Shift: Monday-Thursday 3:00 pm – 1:30 am
Wage: $19.50 – $19.50 per hour
- Ability to perform basic addition and subtraction; Demonstrates ability to measure in feet, inches, and thousandths using tape measures and precision tools.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to operate hand tools & air powered tools.
- Ability to operate hoist.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally must push a cart up to 400 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Employee may be exposed to various chemicals such as metal working fluid, brake fluid, parts washer, cleaners, etc.
- Noise level in the environment is loud and hearing protection is required.
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now!
- Preventative medical benefits for you and your family
- Employee assistance programs available
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Injury medical options available for you and your family
- Paid Sick Time in accordance with your state
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.