Component Prep Area Technician
Does science interest you? Are you looking for a 4×10 schedule? Atlas Staffing is hiring for a Laboratory Assistant to work with one of our reputable clients in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry! This is a full-time positions with on-the-job training as well as opportunity for advancement.
Laboratory Assistant Objective: In this position you will be responsible for cleaning, assembling, packaging, and sterilizing equipment and/or components for allergy medication manufacturing.
Laboratory Assistant Responsibilities:
- Rough clean new and used equipment.
- Compound media/diluents for Small Lot Manufacturing (SLM) and Sterility testing.
- Fill venom and contract manufacturing products, as needed.
- Operate automated cleaning equipment, sterilizers and ovens, as well as filter testing, filling and lyophlization equipment.
- Prepare equipment and components to be sterilized for Allergy and Contract Manufacturing use.
- Remove equipment and components from sterilizers/ovens to be stocked in cleanroom for SLM.
- High School Diploma or equivalent -AND- 6 months of related experience required.
- General understanding of sterilization equipment, automated cleaning equipment, filter testers, cleaning and component preparation, media/solution preparation, and gowning procedures.
- Must be able to attain and maintain gowning certification.
- Pushing, Pulling, and Prolonged sitting required.
- Ability to perform basic math, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages and ratios required.
- Experience with and/or understanding of manufacturing production and equipment operation desired.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel desired.
- Manual dexterity required. Mechanical aptitude desired.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted, 20/30 near-point corrected vision. Exposure to allergens. Prolonged standing and walking.
1st Shift: Monday-Thursday 6:00am-4:30pm (4×10's)
Wage: $18.60 – $18.60/hr. with $300 bonus after 3 months, $300 bonus after 6 months
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Preventative medical benefits for you and your family
- Employee assistance programs available
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Injury medical options available for you and your family
- Paid Sick Time in accordance with your state.