CNC Machinists Setup Operator Swing Shift $22 -$30/hr.
Location: Sherwood, Oregon
Our client, a leader in manufacturing large material handling and specialized heavy lifting equipment, that offers innovative solutions to a variety of industries is currently adding to their growing team and looking to add a CNC Machinist.
CNC Machinist Responsibilities:
The CNC Machinist sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and numerical control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties:
- The CNC Machinist studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements. Redline setup sheets and work orders as required.
- Measures, marks, and scribes’ dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining. Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data. Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Make jigs and fixtures. Pick proper cutting tools for the operations. Perform simple edits on CNC programs.
- Load part programs and preset cutter data into the machine controller. Properly load tool holders into the machine tool magazine. Properly mount and secure parts onto the machine for various operations.
- Proveout the part program by stepping/single block and creeping the cutter approach to each cut while being alert for any deviations.
- Verify/correct feeds and speeds. Make corrections to the program. Save/upload each “proved/good” program to the server.
- Performs to standard. Performs “Lean Manufacturing” in machine cells (5S, Kaizen, FIFO, and Continuous Improvement). Maintains fluids in machine tools (coolant, way lube, spindle lube, chuck grease, etc).
- Follows leader’s instructions, and ASC Standard Operating Procedures.
- Familiarity in a shop environment (I.E., working with tools)
- Minimum 2 years experience
Monday thru Friday: 2:30pm to 11:00pm
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Preventative medical benefits for you and your family
- Employee assistance programs available
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Injury medical options available for you and your family
- Paid Sick Time in accordance with your state.