Atlas Staffing is hiring a Welder/Fabricator to join one of our premier clients as they actively enhance the efficiency and performance of the paperboard packaging industry across the world! These are full-time positions that offer on-site training with opportunities for advancement.
- Fabricate and weld simple parts and basic weldments in compliance with specifications
- Operate hand and power tools related to sawing, buffing, welding, and fabrication
- Build mainframe and large assemblies with proficiency in layout, fabrication, buffing, and welding of multiple machines
- Use measuring instruments to level and align components, detect and mitigate runout, and work to close tolerances with a demand for square, concentricity, and parallelism
- Develop a basic understand of lean principals and actively participate on lean project teams to support continuous improvement process
- Inspect incoming materials to blueprint specifications for use in fabricating parts
- Detect and report defective materials and/or unusual conditions
- Maintain welding and fabrication equipment in safe operating order, performing basic repairs on minor malfunctions and reporting all machine issues
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Military, trade school, or coursework in hydraulic-mechanical assembly, repair, troubleshooting desired
- Adequate rigging skills
- Working knowledge of shop math
- Basic knowledge of metals, measuring tools, and steel fabrication
- Ability to read blueprints, diagrams, and schematics
- Excellent attendance record (attendance and reliability are a must!)
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude
- Must have steel-toed shoes
- Welder certification is a plus!
- Mon-Thurs, 5:00am-3:30pm (4×10’s)
- Mon-Thurs, 3:00pm-1:30am (4×10’s)
- Fri-Sun, 6:00am-6:30pm (3×12’s)
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Preventative medical benefits for you and your family
- Employee assistance programs available
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Injury medical options available for you and your family
- Paid Sick Time in accordance with your state