Atlas Staffing is hiring a Machinist III to join one of our premier clients as they actively enhance the efficiency and performance of the paperboard packaging industry across the world! These are full-time positions with opportunities for advancement.
Objective: Fabricate parts for production use by blueprint specifications, utilizing a variety of major machine tools such as a drill press, grinder, deburring equipment, lathe (manual and CNC), and mill (manual and CNC).
- Inspect and verify compliance of incoming fabrication materials to blueprint specifications
- Refer to blueprints, diagrams, and/or schematics to determine required materials to meet specifications
- Machine materials in compliance with specifications with minimal errors
- Clean and grind finished parts to meet shop standards
- Use rulers, scale squares, scribes, micrometer, verniers, scales, and other tools to ensure close tolerances
- Maintain machining equipment in safe operating order and perform repairs on minor malfunctions
- Follow written and verbal procedures precisely (any deviation must be approved by a lead)
- Independently demonstrate proper use of all safety equipment and perform assigned duties in a safe and responsible manner
- Maintain a neat and organized work space
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2-years in-shop experience as machinist with experience using a variety of fabrication equipment
- Minimum 12-months experience as Machinist II
- Experience with setup and machining of slots, drilling, tapping, keyways and the appropriate speeds and feeds for these operations
- Experience in machining plate, angle and shafting in mild steel, stainless, and aluminum
- Adequate rigging, crane, and forklift experience
- Working knowledge of shop math
- Ability to operate hand tools, power tools, and measuring tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of metals, measuring tools, and fabrication
- Ability to read blueprints, diagrams, and schematics and machine parts with imperial and metric dimensions
- Proficient with G-Code; Able to write/edit programs as well as demonstrate required tool and machine setup
- Must be a self-starter who is eager to learn and comfortable working independently
- Excellent attendance record (attendance and reliability are a must!)
- Must have steel-toed shoes
- Mon-Thurs, 5:00am-3:30pm (4×10’s)
- Mon-Thurs, 3:00pm-1:30am (4×10’s)
Wage: $25-$31.50/hr DOE
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Preventative medical benefits for you and your family
- Employee assistance programs available
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Injury medical options available for you and your family
- Paid Sick Time in accordance with your state