Drill Press Operator (Radial Dill) – 2nd shift
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Our client, a leader in manufacturing large material handling and specialized heavy lifting equipment, that offers innovative solutions to a variety of industries is currently adding to their growing team and looking to add a Drill Press Operator.
Sets up and operates radial drill press to perform drilling and other machining operations such as boring, reaming, and tapping holes in metal workpieces by performing the following duties.
Drill Press Operator Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Studies specifications and machining instructions such as job order, blueprint, process sheet, or layout on workpiece, to determine hole locations and size and setup requirements, including tooling, feed rates, and cutting speeds.
- Plans sequence of operation, determines suitable work holding arrangement, and fastens holding fixture or jig on machine base to hold workpiece and guide cutting tool.
- Lifts workpiece manually or with hoist and positions and secures it on machine base or in fixture or jig with clamps and bolts.
- Verifies position with surface gauges and height gauges.
- Selects cutting tool, installs it in machine spindle, and moves controls to set cutting speeds and feed rates.
- Operates controls to swing radial arm over workpiece, position cutting tool over whole center location, engage power feed, and to advance tool into workpiece.
- Turns valve handle to start flow of cutting oil and coolant against cutting tool and workpiece.
- Observes machining operation and periodically verifies conformance of machined workpiece to specifications.
- Measures, marks, and scribes reference lines and whole locations on workpiece.
- Operates universal type machine, computing and setting angles of tilting spindle.
- Works on nonmetallic materials.
- Sharpens cutting tools.
- $22.00 – $24.00 DOE
Swing Shift: 2:30pm – 11:00pm
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Preventative medical benefits for you and your family
- Employee assistance programs available
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Injury medical options available for you and your family
- Paid Sick Time in accordance with your state.