Sr Payroll/Benefits Specialist
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Senior Payroll and Benefits Specialist position which is located at our corporate headquarters in Garden City/Boise Idaho.
Overview of role:
This position will report to the HR Director. This valuable team member will be responsible for processing semi-monthly payrolls, managing the HRIS and benefit systems, generating payroll reports, updating multiple systems and various other responsibilities. We are looking for someone who is independent, driven, a great listener, thorough, outgoing, easily trusted, positive, genuine, and loves working with people and data. The right individual for this position will also have a strong attention to detail, be well organized, be able to manage multiple projects proficiently, and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Manage HRIS system (Paylocity).
- Enter, maintain, process and support payroll including timesheets, wages, commission, bonuses, payroll changes, new hire information and other payments on a semi-monthly basis, accurately and confidentially.
- Processing multistate payroll for 200 employees
- Accurately calculate and issue paychecks, mandatory and voluntary deductions including taxes, health benefits, 401(k), HSA contributions, garnishments, liens, direct deposit requests and other transactions as needed and as issues arise.
- Research, compare and advise management on compensation matters including federal and state employment regulations, tax changes, minimum wage rates, and benefits and compensation policies.
- Create, process, maintain and store a variety of documents and administrative records.
- Generate payroll and HR reports and analyze data.
- Properly manage confidential and sensitive information.
- Regularly complete and return employee’s verification of employment forms.
Benefit Administration Responsibilities
- Discuss benefit options with new employees and help them enroll.
- Assist employees with benefit questions.
- Audit monthly benefit invoices and work with carriers to correct any errors.
- Maintain benefit administration software program (Employee Navigator).
- Manage annual benefit reporting such as 5500, ACA, etc.
- Assist with annual 401(k) audit.
- Assist with annual benefit meetings and enrollments.
- Assist with annual worker’s compensation renewal and audit.
General HR Responsibilities
- Backup HR Coordinator with new employee onboarding.
- Assist with acquisitions as needed.
- Manage leaves of absence.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned by the HR Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or HR is preferred but not required.
- 4+ years’ experience with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS). Paylocity experience is preferred but not required.
- 4+ years’ experience processing payroll for a multi-state employer.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel including VLOOKUP, IF function, Pivot Tables, general and formulas.
- Excellent with Microsoft Office programs including Word and PowerPoint.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible and adapt well to change.
- Proficient at time management and meets required deadlines.
- Must be extremely dependable and possess good judgment.
- Approachable and appropriate demeanor when interacting with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing environment
- Independent and Assertive
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
Salary: $26.44/hr – $31.25/hr
In Office position (Not remote)
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Preventative medical benefits for you and your family
- Employee assistance programs available
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Injury medical options available for you and your family
- Paid Sick Time in accordance with your state.