Painter / Powder Coater
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Do you enjoy a hands-on job in a manufacturing environment, and want to learn a new skill? Atlas Staffing is seeking a driven Paint and Powder Coat Technician to join a growing company that specializes in manufacturing premium construction equipment in Boise, Idaho.
Paint and Powder Coat Technician Responsibilities:
Operates cone, disk, or nozzle type electrostatic painting equipment to spray negatively charged paint particles onto positively charged workpieces by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Moves switches and dials to start flow current and to activate conveyor and paint spraying equipment.
- Turns valves and observes gauges to set pressure and to control flow of paint to each spray station.
- Adjusts thermostat to maintain specified temperature in paint tanks.
- Prepares parts for paint.
- Hangs parts with appropriate spacing utilizing correct hooks for the parts.
- Inspects painted units for runs, sags, and unpainted areas.
- De-hangs parts and stacks appropriately for damage free product.
- Readjusts pressure valves to control direction and pattern of spray and to correct flaws in coating.
- Cleans paint from ceiling and walls of booth, conveyor hooks or grid, and from disks, cones, spray heads, and hoses.
- Mixes paint according to specifications with viscometer to regulate consistency according to changes in atmospheric conditions.
- Regulates tanks for PH balance, cleans and maintains paint line equipment.
- Records wastewater discharge and PH reading daily.
- Monitors & records wet coat booth manometer, changing filters as needed.
- Safely operates hoist as needed.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned.
- Ability to perform PH & concentration of chemical level testing.
** Mandatory Overtime on Friday **
- High School degree or GED
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to operate hand tools & air powered tools.
- Ability to operate hoist.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Employee may be exposed to various chemicals such as acid wash, paint thinner, lacquer-based paint, cleaners, etc.
- Employees must be physically able to wear respirator and forced air respirator suit.
- Noise level in the powder coat paint booth is moderate and hearing protection is not required, environment on the line or in the wet coat paint booth is loud and hearing protection is required.
- Requires use of Respirator throughout the work shift.
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Preventative medical benefits for you and your family.
- Employee assistance programs available.
- Referral bonus opportunities.
- Injury medical options available for you and your family.
- Paid Sick Time in accordance with your state.