Lab Tech- Grave Shift
We are currently hiring Lab Technicians for our Clackamas client, a leader in beverage manufacturing. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team that has excellent benefits, a strong culture that is focused on employees and provides plenty of room to grow your career!
Job location: Clackamas
Lab Technician Beverage industry
Graveyard Shift: Wednesday to Saturday 4 pm-2:30am
- Tests materials used as ingredients in beverages for such qualities as odor, appearance, taste, total acidity, carbonation, nitrogen (if running a nitrogen product), and pH levels.
- Testing of treated water for sensory, including odor and appearance. Perform treated water tests such as alkalinity, chlorine, manganese, and hardness. Cleans dust, dirt, grease, and liquid from machines and auxiliary equipment, such as tanks and pipelines.
- Responsible for creating a safe and legal product intended for consumption. Sets up, calibrates, adjusts, and operates laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Tests samples of manufactured products to verify conformity to specifications, ensuring compliance with food laws and standards of quality.
- Prepares graphs and chart as needed to accurately records test results on standardized forms and writes test reports describing procedures used.
- Cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment and calibrates laboratory instruments.
- Prepares chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- Adds chemicals or raw materials to process solutions or product batches to correct or establish formulation required to meet specifications.
- Manufactures beverage syrup per customer requirements and specifications and inspects raw materials and ingredients to ensure safety and proper usage.
- Studies effects of various methods of processing, preservation, and packaging on composition and properties of beverages such as color, texture, aroma, taste, shelf life, and nutritive content.
- Cleans the beverage processing equipment, manufacturing equipment, sewage treatment system and water supply wells.
Bachelor’s degree in chemestry or in relatable field is preferred; a combination of education and 4+ years of experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
2 years of experience working in a lab setting; food/beverage manufacturing experience is preferred.
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Preventative medical benefits for you and your family
- Employee assistance programs available
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Injury medical options available for you and your family
- Paid Sick Time in accordance with your state