Press Break Operator
To Apply for this Job Click Here
You are a machinist and have worked in a fabrication environment? Atlas Staffing is looking for a Press Break Operator for a reputable client in Yakima, WA!
As a Press Brake Operator, you are responsible for the daily setup and operation of hydraulic CNC-controlled press breaks in a custom sheet metal fabrication shop with some assistance provided. He/she may be required to assist other operators as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Select the correct tooling for the job with setup documents.
- Load, install, and correctly set up the tooling required.
- Perform assigned work to time standards and quality specifications.
- Account for time and work completed via computer and manual collection methods.
- Safely operate a forklift to handle materials and complete work.
- Make routine decisions and use problem-solving to resolve basic manufacturing issues or seek assistance.
- Report and document basic material, production, and quality issues.
- Maintain performance logbooks on assigned area equipment, and report deficiencies to the maintenance team.
- Participate in equipment preventative maintenance at the operator level.
- Keep work areas clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
- Follow all company rules and policies.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Maintain communication with a lead welder, supervisor, engineer, or project manager to overcome obstacles, and time-consuming and to produce the best quality efficiently.
Pay Rate: $18-26
Shift: Monday – Friday
7:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Must have strong metal press forming and basic fabrication background.
- Basic Knowledge and understanding of fabrication, hydraulic press, and/or punch operations including basic setup.
- Competent at basic dimensional measuring and able to quickly learn the use of precision measurement tools.
- Demonstrated competency in mathematics and geometry.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and other shop drawings.
- Ability to work with various types of metal forming constraints with guidance.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Flexible and responsive with a strong teamwork orientation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to learn new skills and improve my technical knowledge.
- Commitment to quality and accuracy of work performed.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement or respond to change.
- Safety-conscious behavior
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Ability to understand basic mechanical and manufacturing techniques.
- Three years minimum experience and /or training
- High school diploma or GED required.
Preferred Qualifications / Skills:
- Time management
- Reporting skills
- Inventory control
- Documentation skills
- Equipment maintenance
- Data entry skills
- Great attitude
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Preventative medical benefits for you and your family
- Employee assistance programs available
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Injury medical options available for you and your family
- Paid Sick Time in accordance with your state.