Steel Shop Worker (Machine Operator/Welder/Material Handler)
Do you have an interest in welding or metal fabrication? If so we have a great opportunity for you!
Atlas Staffing is hiring Steel Shop Workers with a reputable steel manufacturing company located in El Mirage. They are looking to hire talented Welders, Material Handlers, and Metal Fabricators to their team! This is a full time, temp to hire position with plenty of opportunity for cross-training and advancement. If you are looking for a long-term career role, apply today!
Steel Shop Worker Responsibilities:
- Run overhead crane system to handle steel beams, plates and assemblies.
- Handle and move small pieces of steel and shop equipment weighing from 10-50 lbs
- Assist with cleaning and painting of steel including handling paint solvents
- Operate metal fabrication machines
- Flux core, spray arc welding
- Drive forklift and tractor
- Load and unload trucks and rail cars using forklift and tractors/heavy equipment operation
- Perform yard and building cleaning tasks and assist in maintenance of building equipment
Individuals must have adequate strength, mobility, dexterity, vision, hearing, ability to wear a respirator, and stamina to perform the functions of the position.
Shifts: Monday – Thursday
1st Shift: 5:00am – 3:30pm
2nd Shift: 3:30pm – 2:00am
Overtime may be required on Fridays! Extra money on your paycheck!
Pay: starting at $19/hour
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.?
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Preventative medical benefits for you and your family
- Employee assistance programs available
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Injury medical options available for you and your family
- Paid Sick Time in accordance with your state