Preventative Maintenance Mechanic
You are mechanically inclined and have maintenance machines and ensured they are operating properly? Atlas Staffing is looking for a maintenance mechanic for a reputable client in Selah, WA! If you are a team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic, we encourage you to apply!
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the functions of the production, material handling, and support equipment to assure its proper operation and performs maintenance activities to maximize plan production and minimize plant downtime.
- Oil changes, replacing belts, replacing chains, lubing, cleaning, and performing inspections on a variety of equipment.
- Perform all weekly, by-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly PM tasks.
- Identify possible failures and enter corrective work orders.
- Ensures equipment is clean and lubricated well.
- Ensures that safety standards are maintained while performing duties.
- Ensures the facility areas and work environment are free of hazardous objects and substances.
- Maintains accurate records of preventative maintenance activities and daily check lists.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned and assisting mechanics and parts attendant when needed.
Pay Rate: $18-22(DOE)
Shift: 8:00am-4:30pm (can work 10- and 12-hour shifts)
- Mechanical certification and High school diploma preferred.
Minimum one year experience in a juice processing environment preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in hot, humid and/or cold areas.
- Able to work any shift, overtime and any or all days of the week in accordance with plant needs.
- Have a working understanding of chemical handling and strict adherence to the safety issue that apply.
- Able to operate farm equipment used at spray field and around plant grounds.
- Properly do equipment checks daily and report any problems to maintenance.
- Able to use proper lock out/tag out procedures when working on equipment.
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Preventative medical benefits for you and your family
- Employee assistance programs available
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Injury medical options available for you and your family
- Paid Sick Time in accordance with your state.