Job Description: Fabricator- Welder $24-34 DOE
Our client, a dynamic local, leader in manufacturing, has an immediate need for a Fabricator-Welder. This is an excellent opportunity to join a local Portland company with a passion for its people.
This position consists of preparing, fabricating, and welding various plastic constructions, components, and structures. Fabricators work from patterns and blueprints, using a variety of tools and machines to make plastic parts or assemble components
- Read and understand product blueprints and assembly work instructions.
- Ensure production parts, tools, test equipment and documents are properly stored and maintained.
- Maintain a clean and organized workstation, leaving work area clean for next person. • Adhere to all safety procedures, environmental guidelines and company rules and regulations. • Report and detail product issues to supervisor.
- Ability to weld, glue, bend and polish of a variety of plastic materials.
- Ability to use measurement tools such as micrometers, calipers, height gauge, go, no-go to measure tapped holes.
- Effectively use tools such as table saw, routers, band saw, chop saw, power hand tools.
- Effectively use hand deburring tools such as, scrappers, hand countersink tools, edge breaking tools, sand paper, and scalpel.
- Understand Copy Exact and be focused on production of quality work. • Must be able to follow Clean room procedures for cleaning and packaging products.
- Properly bag, label, and package products for safe shipping.
- Have a valid Drivers License
To be successful, the individual in this position must be:
• Knowledgeable: The individual has a High School diploma or equivalent, technical school attendance a plus.
• Skilled: The individual has the skills they need, and does what is needed, to effectively fulfill the expectations of their position. The position requires the ability to read and interpret manufacturing blueprints. Must have good organizational, math and analytical skills.
• Proactive: The individual uses strong critical thinking skills to see and resolve potential roadblocks, takes initiative, and resolves unexpected challenges, and consistently demonstrates a solution-oriented approach.
• Professional: The individual adapts to change, can be depended on, communicates in a respectful and clear manner, and consistently represents the company in a positive light.
- Collaborative: The individual shares relevant information in a timely manner, provides additional support when needed, and remains open to professional feedback. Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with teammates. Must have a positive attitude and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers, and visitors.
- Productive: The individual uses company time and resources for business-related purposes and operates in a manner that is efficient and goal oriented.
- Adapt: Change is a necessary function of a growing business, and you adapt your work and communication style to best-fit new processes, procedures, and business needs. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Be Precise: Your detail-oriented approach allows you to accurately input, and find errors, in large bodies of information.
- Maintain Dependability: You come to work prepared, on-time and use work time appropriately.
- Promote Teamwork: You can work with diverse groups of people and forge effective professional relationships with employees and management.
- Think Critically: When something doesn’t work, you are able to either fix the problem or find an effective and efficient work-around.
- Communicate Effectively: You can write, speak, and understand English.
Wage: $24 to $34 per hour DOE
Shift: Monday thru Thursday 6am to 4:30pm
- Health Plan
- Short-term & Long-term disability
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Preventative medical benefits for you and your family
- Employee assistance programs available
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Injury medical options available for you and your family
- Paid Sick Time in accordance with your state