CDL Tanker Driver
Are you a CDL A Driver looking for an opportunity with mostly local routes? Atlas Staffing is seeking a person like you! As a CDL A Driver, you will have a passion not only for driving in a safe and timely manner but also using a forklift to load and unload product to serve customers across Idaho and neighboring states.
- As a CDL A Driver you will transport raw materials, chemicals, and hazardous and non-hazardous materials in the greater Idaho area.
- CDL A Drivers are expected to follow safety procedures when transporting materials and to perform safety inspections before and after each trip.
- CDL A Drivers are required to load and/or unload their own trailer or a customer’s trailer at the warehouse.
- Drive and maneuver a curtain van, tractor with 5500g liquid bulk tanker, tractor with 53ft. van trailer, and a 26ft box truck with a lift gate
- Transport IBCs (250g and 330g totes) to customer location
- Transport liquid hazardous materials
- Pump hazardous materials via a diaphragm pump into the customer’s storage tank.
- Operate a pallet jack and/or drum dollies
- Operate a sit-down forklift
- Load and unload trucks
- Effectively, timely, and respectfully communicate and interact with other employees, supervisors, individuals from other organizations, and customers
- Proficient with following verbal and written instructions
- Places product securely in appropriate warehouse locations to ensure that damage or misplacement does not occur
- Retrieves and loads customer products as directed on shipping documents to ensure proper quantities and item identification
- Ensures the interface with customers and co-workers is being conducted in a manner that is conducive to operational goals
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner and ensure personal appearance meets the standards necessary to perform the job functions while representing the company
- Neatly store supplies and empty containers
- General housekeeping
- Perform proper forklift inspections and follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures
- Comply with all safety requirements within the company
- Comply with all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements and safe handling practices as required from Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and company procedures
- Follow WHMIS, MSDS and all other safety training requirements and procedures
- Follow all government and regulatory requirements when handling and transporting chemical materials
- 75% Local Runs with some overnights per business needs
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed
- Regular and sustained attendance
- 2-4-Years of experience as a licensed CDL A operator driving hazardous materials
- 2-4-Years of experience operating both a manual and automatic transmission
- No more than 6-Points or 2-violations on your MVR in the past 12 months
- Active CDL A with both Hazmat & Tanker endorsements
- 2-Years experience in a manufacturing and/or distribution facility
- 2-Years experience operating a sit-down forklift preferred
- Pass forklift driving exam (pre-offer)
- Must be able to read and write load diagrams, shipping orders, and work instructions
- Must be able to operate electronic equipment, such as RF scanners or radios as assigned
- Ability to collaborate effectively and efficiently with colleagues
- Effective communication skills and time management
- Great customer service skills and business acumen • Hazmat, Tanker, Doubles endorsements
- Great self starter!
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Why Choose Atlas Staffing?
Atlas Staffing is an employment agency that offers great benefits for our temporary and temp-to-hire staffing associates. Beyond the paid sick leave and medical benefits that many of our positions entail, we also have a recruiting staff that is ready to find the type of work YOU are interested in. If you are looking for a long-term career opportunity, then please apply now.
Atlas Staffing is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Preventative medical benefits for you and your family
- Employee assistance programs available
- Referral bonus opportunities
- Injury medical options available for you and your family
- Paid Sick Time in accordance with your state.